Random French Apricot Facts
- Fragile Summer fruit grown in 3 main sunny regions in Southern France: the Rhône Valley, Roussillon and Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur;
- Summer 2021: due to extreme rain conditions, apricot production was down by a staggering 80%, hence little at the market and increased prices;
- When choosing apricots, pick them quite ripe. Apricots don’t mature further once they’re picked so if you have greenish looking apricots that you want to ripen in that fruit bowl, they won’t budge!
- Store apricots in a cool place and try to avoid keeping them in the fridge and consume within the week;
- Dried apricots are not just handy to keep as a pantry ingredient but they’re high in magnesium. Many times if I’ve had a flickering eyelid, French doctors have told me to eat a few dried apricots a day and it’s amazing – it disappears! No need for expensive Mg capsules from the Pharmacie.
French Expression with Apricot
Summer. May – August