PARIS FOOD GUIDE
Your local Parisian Tea Room Guide
Easy French Recipes
Welcome to Mad about Macarons, the Paris-based food blog that helps you cook and eat like the French.
Enjoy the latest easy recipes, mainly from France - some with a Scottish accent.
From everyday French starters/appetizers, healthy family dinners to easy desserts reduced in sugar, all are full of flavour using seasonal ingredients.
- Vanilla Poached Pears - Be Bold with Coffee50 Minutes
- Chocolate Marble Cake with Banana1 Hours 5 Minutes
- Savoury Choux Buns with Smoked Salmon (Choux au Saumon fumé)50 Minutes
- Smoked Garlic Soup with Rocket (Arugula)30 Minutes
- French Lemon Tart (Tarte au citron)1 Hours 30 Minutes
- Potato Gratin Savoyard (Without Cream)1 Hours 5 Minutes
- Sticky Toffee Pudding - Extra Lush with Apple1 Hours 5 Minutes
- Galette des Rois (French King Cake)1 Hours 20 Minutes
BONJOUR & WELCOME
Jill Colonna’s Paris based food blog inspires a healthy French lifestyle via easy recipes and local food guides. Both Scottish and French, cooking in Paris since 1992, share her 30 years' experience of enjoying simply good food. Using quality fresh ingredients, she shows that French cuisine can be healthy. It’s not all butter and cream!
Initially created in 2010 on the release of her 1st bestselling book, Mad About Macarons which inspired many now professional bakers to make macarons, this blog focuses on living the real food life in France.
Join her mission to avoid processed foods, to take pleasure and eat like the French by making meals from scratch, full of flavour.
French Food Guides
Planning a trip to Paris? Eat like the French with Jill’s local food guides.
Check out your ultimate guide to Paris’s best tea rooms (by area) near your favourite museums or landmarks.