PARIS from a Local
Where are the Best Macarons in Paris?
Easy French Recipes
Welcome to Mad about Macarons, the French food blog in Paris with a healthy spin.
We're not just mad about macarons! Enjoy many more recipes, mainly from France - some with Jill's Scottish accent. From starters/appetizers to easy desserts reduced in sugar, all are full of flavour using seasonal ingredients.
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Cheese
- Béchamel Sauce Recipe
- Chocolate Sauce Recipe - with Chocolate
- Poire Belle Hélène - The Easy Classic Pear Dessert from Paris
- Chocolate Crêpes - How to Serve French Style
- Honey Biscuits with Lemon
- Simple Cherry Sauce for Duck to Dessert
- Bavarois Recipe with Red Fruit (Bavarian Cream)
- French Pea Soup (Potage Saint-Germain)
- French Monkfish Stew (Lotte à L'Armoricaine)
- Savoury Choux Buns with Smoked Salmon (Choux au Saumon fumé)
- Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic
- French Crème Caramel (flan aux oeufs au caramel)
- French Dark Chocolate Mousse (Mousse au Chocolat)
- French Butter Cookies (Palets Bretons)
- Pâte Sucrée - Sweet Pastry for Tarts
BONJOUR & WELCOME
Jill Colonna’s Paris based food blog inspires a healthy French lifestyle via easy recipes and local food guides. Both Scottish and French, Jill shares 30 years' experience of making simply good food in Paris. Using local seasonal ingredients, she shows that French cuisine is healthy. It’s not all butter and cream!
Initially created in 2010 on the release of her 1st book, Mad About Macarons which inspired many now professional bakers to make them, this blog focuses on living the Food life in France.
Join her mission to avoid processed foods, to take pleasure and eat like the French by making meals from scratch, full of flavour.
French Food Guides
Planning a trip to Paris? Eat like the French with Jill’s local food guides.
Check out your ultimate guide to Paris’s best tea rooms (by area) near your favourite museums or landmarks.
A selection of popular patisseries and chocolate shops – plus where to find some of the best galettes des rois and best macarons in Paris.
Discover the popular French sweet shops and what makes them so famous.